The MWCD has a total of 68 well control team members at its disposal:
- 10 professional rescuers
- 27 MND Group voluntary rescuers
- 31 innogy GS voluntary rescuers
The department consists of two sections:
- Chief Mechanic Section
- Rescue Equipment Section
Hodonín MWCD Activities
The provision of mine rescue/well control services has a long-standing tradition going back to 1976 when the first well control departments were introduced in the Czech Oil & Gas industry. The MWCD is active across the Czech Republic and in Hungary, providing its services to organizations engaged in oil & gas production, workovers, gas storage in natural rock formations, drilling and geophysical operations related to oil and gas prospecting, and P&A operations.
The MWCD is included in the Czech Integrated Rescue System. Its primary task is to coordinate available resources for rapid and effective response to major and life-threatening operational emergencies associated, in particular, with oil, gas and water blowouts and the escape of toxic gases.
- Conducts operations in unbreathable environments.
- Carries out work at heights and over openings.
- Methodically manages and monitors activities of other well control stations.
- Provides well control training.
- Conducts training in first aid administration and the use of breathing equipment.
- Performs repairs, inspections and tests of breathing and resuscitation equipment.
- Inspects and calibrates toxic and hazardous gas detectors.
- Cooperates with external organizations in emergency prevention and occupational health and safety.
Hodonín MWCD collaborates with partners both in the Czech Republic and abroad:
Ministry of the Interior – Directorate General of Fire and Rescue Service of the Czech Republic
The Czech Mining Office, Regional Mining Authorities in the Czech Republic
OKD – CMRS operator, Ostrava
Severní Energetická a.s. – CMRS operator, Most
PGNiG, Oddział Ratownicza Stacja Górnictwa Otworowego (Poland)
OMV, Betriebsfeuerwehr EATW-F (Austria)
Nafta a.s., the Malacky MWCD (Slovakia)